Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Conference Day is here!

I am excited about today's sessions and evening event, dessert with best selling author David Baldacci!  I am currently setting up for my concurrent session on SSR and Secondary Students.  I am VERY excited to hear Dr. Stephen Krashen give his keynote address today, Dr. Krashen is the expert on Free Voluntary Reading and his book The Power of Reading is an important part of the session we are presenting this morning!

My coworkers, Renee Favaro and Kate Givens, should be here soon.  I am so glad they were willing to present with me and will be able to enjoy the conference today.  They are both English teachers at Lord Botetourt and I am so grateful for the strong library-classroom collaboration we have.

I hope you will check back later to see what participant questions, ideas and success stories we have to share after the 9am SSR and the Secondary Student session.


No comments:

Post a Comment