Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

First Date




2012 DAC
From Good Reads:


The orphaned daughter of missionaries, Addy Davidson discovers God's unexpected plans for her life when a reality TV show turns her quiet existence on its head.




My thoughts:
The premise behind "First Date" is really cute- a reality tv show for teenage girls all trying to win a prom date with the President's son.  The main character, Addy, is encouraged to participate in the contest by her guardian/uncle and her school principal but she really does not want all the attention the show brings.  Many aspects of this novel are a bit unrealistic, but that did not detract from the appeal of the story for me.  I found this book to be thoroughly enjoyable.  In fact I felt a few moments of panic when it seemed the E Galley had only downloaded half the book to my Nook! Thank goodness I got the problem resolved and was able to read the rest of the book!

Addy is a very like-able girl and I really liked her dedication to her principles and religion.  I also liked the fact that she was not made to seem perfect.  Addy is a devout Christian but she struggles with how to share her beliefs with the reality show she is on.  First Date is a very refreshing  read about a teenager with strong values and a sense of purpose in her life that is not tied up in a boy for happiness.  The fact that the teenager finds a nice boy just makes the story romantic and delightful! 

Author website:

No comments:

Post a Comment